Friday, March 21, 2014

Integrity: A Parable

A wise woman asked two admen to help her sell her wares. When they both came to her with their budgets and work plans, she sent them back, asking that the work be done in half the time, and for half the cost.

The first adman said, "I will see what I can do, but I'm sure we can meet your expectations." And he came back with the same proposal, but with the work happening twice as fast at half the cost.

The second adman said, "I can't give you the same thing twice as fast, at half the cost. I can give you less, or do it less carefully, but the price and the time it takes for the same thing can't change."

The wise woman hired the second adman. When the first adman asked why he wasn't chosen, even though he did everything she had asked, she told him:

"It's quite simple. When I asked you how much it would cost, and how long it would take, you quoted me double the price and twice the time it would really require. The other adman proved to me that his original estimate was honest."


Which adman/adwoman are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment