Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Turning a blind eye

Have a look at these PSAs from the agency Try in Norway:



Hilarious, aren't they? Yet for me, they bring to mind an issue that always come up when dealing with this kind of campaign: is humour the best way to normalize diversity?

I know that people accuse me of taking some ads too seriously, but in this case I'd like to think it is a smart move to get people talking. And the Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partly Sighted obviously agreed. But at the same time I know that these will rub some people the wrong way. (And others will complai that a real blind person would know exactly what was going on - which to me adds another layer of humour, actually.)

The question is, will those people be sighted people?


Thanks to Ads of The World for the tip, and to Advertolog for the downloadable (although with incomplete audio) files. Hit up AoTW for more complete viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment