Thursday, November 10, 2011

American Apparel shoe ads take all the joy out of sex

Dominated, humiliated, detached, impersonal... I guess some people are in to those kinds of things in the bedroom. But these ads (via Ads of The World)
don't feel sexy at all. They just feel wrong.

Shoe fetish, or ass kicking?

Reminds me of Puma, except it's a real ad.

"The shoes are doen here!"

Note that she is always there as "his" plaything.

Yeah, yeah. I know. By talking about how awful these ads are, I become part of the problem. But I really do believe there's such a thing as bad publicity. We need to talk about what we like and what we don't like so that, as consumers, we have a more informed relationship with the brand.

2 comments:

  1. Different strokes (or in this case perhaps, spankings) for different folks... :)

    ReplyDelete