Monday, February 6, 2012

Another creepy campaign against sexual abuse of children


I saw this ad on I Believe in Advertising. A little Googling got me two more, in original Portuguese, from Creative Society:



They are all very upsetting as they should be, given the subject matter. But somehow I often find the effort to find creative ways to express the issue just end up creeping me out without adding to my awareness of, or concern for, the issue. It's as if the agency is exploiting tragedy for PR.

Is that too harsh?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah.. that's disturbing. If I could change anything (aside from just destroying the campaign altogether) I'd maybe include a little variety in both the 'perps' and the victims. This campaign kind of erases male victims and perpetuates the 'Uncle Pervy' trope..

    ReplyDelete