Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trivializing sex on Google+

Ivan at Ads of the World shared this interesting project on Google+ by Selina Elizabeth Kyle.

She combines random academic trivia with sexualized pictures of women. The result is... well... memorable?






I just enjoy the juxtaposition. To be all pedantic about it, I think it says something interesting about how our natural interest in sex can be borrowed to deliver information. (My friend Chris mentions that it reminds him of how old flight navigation training documents for pilots used sexy pin-up photos to teach how to navigate by the stars.)

Isn't this exactly what "sexy" ads are doing? Is the product any less randomly connected to sex than these facts?


See the rest here.

2 comments:

  1. This was a pleasant surprise :D

    I googled my name Selina Elizabeth Kyle and your blog came up! I had no idea this existed, but I'm glad you liked the posts. A friend of mine actually forward them to me, so I can't take the credit for them, but I did want everyone to see them :p

    Also, yes, this is me on my alt account :)

    ReplyDelete