Saturday, January 19, 2013

Nigella Lawson refuses to be airbrushed


I've come to have a real appreciation of Nigella Lawson. She loves food, she looks like she loves life, and she has an undeniable lusty appeal. So I was cheered to read on Buzzfeed that she wouldn't let the ABC's team "airbrush" (Photoshop) out her belly in posters and billboards for an upcoming foodie reality show.

She wrote on her blog:
Although it was very thrilling to think of being up on a billboard in LA and around the States, I was very strict and English and told them they weren't allowed to airbrush my tummy out. Wise? Hmmm. But that tum is the truth and is come by honestly, as my granny would have said.
It may be a cynical marketing move for a woman who has marketed herself brilliantly all along. But as a female celebrity, she has had to endure her share of obsessive body analysis by media. So it's nice to see her owning it.


No comments:

Post a Comment