Monday, May 2, 2011

Canada's #elxn41: last words

Canada votes today, and while I've tried to keep the politics fairly subdued on this blog, I'd like to take one last look at the parties' election campaigns.

But how can I choose? To be totally fair, I'll go to each party's YouTube channel and pick the most viewed video from the past week.

Conservative Party of Canada:



Liberal Party of Canada:



Bloc Québécois:



New Democratic Party of Canada:



Green Party of Canada




Some are positive, some are attack ads, and one is a documentary.


What have you thought of this campaign, in advertising and social media? Have any of these parties made you think differently about them in the past few weeks?

Chime in below. AND FOR GOD's SAKE, GET OUT THERE AND VOTE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I see that 60% of the videos star Jack Layton, making him look like the clear front-runner - why are parties stupid enough, election after election, to spend money promoting their opponents like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My methodology was to go to each party's channel page, list by most views, and embed the first one dated "one week ago" or less. Hopefully, it was all accurate. I also noticed a decidedly orange flavour. Also of interest was how Greens rarely communicate in 30 second soundbites. I'd love some francophone insight on the Bloc ad. Seems inspirational in tone.

    ReplyDelete