Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I can't believe this was an idea worth copying

Remember, back in the '80s, when everyone was so afraid of cholesterol that they ended up switching to hydrogenated vegetable oil spreads instead? Yeah, that was funny. And this brand is from that era:



Well, margarines have come a long way since then, but the marketing hasn't. For some reason, they still tout their impossibly buttery taste with the most awkward ripoffs possible of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (via Buzzfeed):







I Can't Believe It's Not Butter outmarketed them all, however, by unleashing the power of Fabio and his manly, buttery spray:



I have nothing else to add, so here's a British commercial for real butter with Johnny Rotten in it:



(I think he only took the job because he got to say "c-nt" so many times in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment