Monday, October 7, 2013

Canadian Tire incorporates global warming into its marketing plan


So, this is interesting.

Canadian Tire sent me this promotional e-mail for their "Pre-winter Advantage Program," which encourages customers to buy their snow tires as early as possible.

I guess the trend towards shorter and milder winters is perceived as a threat to tire sales. So interestingly, they're offering a full rebate to earlybird customers if the temperature on the first day of winter (December 21) is 10 degrees celsius (50 Fahrenheit) or above.

In other words, the famed Canadian brand is asking me to bet on a green Christmas season. I'm not sure that's such a great idea, considering that this winter is supposed to be an icy throwback. But I suppose at least I'd beat the rush for installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment