Thursday, November 3, 2011

This stop-motion animation may put you off your meds

When I watched this the first time, I thought, "Cool video!  But I'll bet it's going to try to sell me some questionable herbal remedies."


Help Remedies - Take Less from Wulf Casting on Vimeo.

But it didn't. It's an ad for Help, a pharmaceutical company that claims to simplify the way we take medications for common complaints.


"Help® is a new type of drug company—a drug company that promises you less: 

Less drugs 
All of Help®’s solutions are made with a single active ingredient. Help, I have a headache, for example, contains only acetamin-ophen,whereas some other kinds of headache medicines may contain two or three active ingredients.  
Less dyes 
The drugs themselves are made with the fewest possible coatings and dyes. Many drugs are colored and coated for decorative purposes. Help® would rather people didn’t have to ingest decoration. 
Less confusion 
Each product is titled after the specific symptom it is meant to solve, e.g. Help I can’t sleep, instead of an unrelated brand name, so that people understand clearly what they are taking and what they are taking it for."
Interesting concept, "less/fewer" grammar outrage aside...

Ad by agencytwofifteen/McCann, San Francisco
Via I Believe in Advertising

No comments:

Post a Comment